Head of Design at Myntra
17+ years of experience
UX DESIGN • UX RESEARCH • LEADERSHIP
Shayak is a design leader with more than 15 years of experience in building and leading design teams. He brings a unique combination of corporate and entrepreneurial experience with multidisciplinary expertise in the product innovation process.
Shayak is the Head of Design and a part of the leadership team at Vedantu - India's second-largest K12 Edtech platform.
Prior to this Shayak led design teams at Meesho, Practo, and Commonfloor.
Shayak was a part of the frog's India team in 2011, facilitating design and delivery in coordination with frog's worldwide centers.
Earlier in 2008, Shayak co-founded Cheese, a User Experience design and development company steering it to a 100% YoY growth. Cheese was one of NASSCOM's Fastest 50 companies in India in 2010.
Throughout his career, Shayak has focused on developing strong frameworks and scalable architectures, putting the user at the center of the design process, conducting research, and creating designs that are both aesthetically pleasing and usable.
He has also mentored many designers in India who continue to contribute to design around the world.
In his free time, Shayak believes in lifelong learning and enjoys doing illustrations, playing guitar, and writing design raps.
Team leadership, design strategy, design roadmap, design management, design Process, user research, innovation, product management, marketing, and new initiatives.
- Finalist in British Council's Young Creative Entrepreneur Award 2010
- Visiting faculty at Le'cole de Nantes Atlantique (2012-2014)
- 'Cheese' is recognized as one of NASSCOM Emerging 50 companies in India in 2010
- Rediff recognizes Cheese as the company that is making waves in Bangalore
- DNA covers 'Cheese' for Twitterbot, an internally developed CRM tool on Twitter in 2010
- Speaker at UXIndia, Hyderabad in 2019
- Speaker at UXNow, Delhi in 2022
- Speaker at Rethinking UX in 2021
- Panelist at YourStory's Future of Work 2020 event